Tuesday, October 28, 2008

OK. Now to carry on with the random brain mumblings that rattle round in this ol' noggin of mine!

I am, and forever will be, mad keen on Hockey! And my number one team is the Manchester Phoenix! Here is my uptake on the season so far, from afar!

Well, so far, so good. Last years team did imress me, in fits and starts. A bunch of good players, who just did not manage to click! I did get to see them a couple of times, and in the Christmas game against Cardiff (which we lost) I just got the feeling of a team half a step out with itself. Passes going just behind or in front of a stick. Players peeling off rather than heading deep for a pass. Just a lot of work, and a heck of a lot of missed chances!

However, I just get the feeling that with THIS team, Tony Hand has managed to right some of these. Whilst the team is a little step up in quality overall, I feel that the fact that these errors are being ironed out means that the team has become greater than the sum of its parts!

Lots of well-boding all round!

Very impressed with the reports coming out of Manchester about Mr Beauregard. You have to respect the guy! Hatfulls of points, currently leagues top scorer, and all this with just the one eye! Talk about adjusting to cope with a disability! I suppose this disability has worked in Manchesters favour, as I am fairly sure that if it werent for the injury and losing an eye, he would be way higher up than with an Elite League team! Long may he continue to wear the colours of the Phoenix!

Also, very happy we have a Brit goalie! Murphy was a little bit of an unknown quantity when he joined the Phoenix, with no-one really sure how he would face under the week in week out preassure he would face. And so far, he is standing up very well! Obviously taking the chance to show his mettle!

Also, the team as a whole looks good. Gelling nicely and the result is the string of brilliant results! Turning over Sheffield twice, doing Nottingham in Nottingham, walking into Coventry and being unlucky to lose! It is looking good for the Phoenix! We may not be the team to win the league, but we are definately going to cause other teams and their fans a few sleepless nights as we roll around kicking over a good many applecarts on the way!

I can definately see us picking up a trophy this year. Most likely one of the one-off cups. On our day, we can turn anyone over, and the others wont want to face us in a high stakes game! I would love us to pick up the Playoff Championship! However, any trophy will do!

In a perfect world, I want us to win the league! I can dream...

No comments: