Wednesday, May 13, 2009

PANIC!!!

OK, I have had a blast living here in Japan. I have made many friends here, met a beautiful woman, had a great time. I have no regrets about moving here.

Ok, maybe one...

However, this sojourn could be coming to an end.

My visa is up for renewal, and duly, off I trotted to the immigration office to enter my paperwork to renew my visa for another year at Niigata airport. It was actually really busy when I got in, got my grubby mitts on the application form and duly filled it out, and handed it all over for processing.

Had a "moment" in there, bumped in to Marcio Richardes. OK, I know, does not sound dramatic, but he is one of the Brazilian players who ply their trade with Albirex Niigata. He is a very good player in the J-League, but very much a one-footed blayer. On his right, he is fantastic. It is good enough to get into any of the top European leagues, but his left is utterly rubbish, so on balance, he gets to be a star in Japan.

However, like allways when one bumps into a soccer player, one is struck with a realisation.

They are ALL tiny. And he had bad skin.

Anyhoo. Back to my problems.

Once the paperwork was in, all I had to do was wait for a letter telling me when to return to get a stamp in my passport. What I got instead was a letter demanding to see copies of my Kashiwazaki City tax. OK... Not such a problem, but the letter arrived the day before the Golden Week vacation, which meant I had no time to get that information and send it. So, I had to wait before I could get in to the city office to get the information, which I duly did.

So, now, my visa expires tomorrow (Friday) and I have no idea what is going to happen!

OK, it should be fine. Since in my passport it does say I have applied, I think that will cover me for now, but I would not put it past the Japanese government to send the heavies round!

Whilst I would be sad to go, and would be heartbroken to leave Yuko, the silver lining here is that I would be able to get to see more Phoenix games! 

But I dont think it will come to that...

No comments: