Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Follow-on from another blog

My younger brother, author of the "Angry Budgie" blog (And getting increasingly angry! Either that, or I am getting more Zen!) recently posted on his blog some images of banners which the Family have concocted over the years, ranging from our days back with the Storm, up to today, with the Phoenix!


Here are the latest 2. Both pics I have pinched, and to the respective personages, I say, "ta."




Well, this is the latest UK-produced number, which my brother unveiled internationally on his blog pages. Must admit, I like the shiny material, and the logo is well done. Over all a simple, clear design. However, I do agree with my brother in that the letters do get "lost" on the shiny red. Maybe going with the same black as the face would have been better. Still. It is only fabric, and the design can be tweaked as the days move on.

Well, this is the second one (the banner on the right, with the funny squiggles). This one was produced in Japan, with some help from my students, and a lot of help from my girlfriend, Yuko. The writing is all in Katakana, and basically reads "Manchester Phoenix, ganbarro!" Ganbarro = Good luck, fight, do your best, show strength, promise your best, try! The smaller squiggles linked to the two flags are mine and my girlfriends names. Heck. The banner is great. I'm going to blow my own trumpet!

These will all be on show as of the Manchester Phoenix v Sheffield game, December 21st!



No comments: